Thermal Ribbon Calculations
How Many Ribbons Do I Need to Print My Job?
- First, determine the REPEAT of the label you are printing. For example, if you have 4" x 6" labels with a 1/8" gap between:
- Next, determine the number of feet you are printing.
- Lastly, determine the number of ribbons you need.
Round up to 72, the nearest case quantity, to factor for waste.
Try our Ribbons per Roll Calculator tool to find out how many ribbons you need annually to run your business!
How Many Feet of Ribbon Do I Need Per Roll?
- Find the number of inches per roll of labels.
- Convert calculation to feet.
You need approximately 510 feet of ribbon to print 1 roll of 4" x 6" labels.
How Many Labels Will a Roll of Ribbon Print?
- Convert the ribbon length into inches. For example, if you have 1,476' ribbon rolls:
- Divide the number of inches by the repeat of the label.
Round down to approximately 2850 labels printed with a 1476' foot ribbon.